Feedbin is private by design. There are no ads or tracking scripts. Feedbin also tries to protect your privacy while using Feedbin.
SSL is used site-wide. Cookies are used for authentication and session data only. Site cookies are first-party, HTTP only and secure.
Information we collect
The data that is collected and stored by Feedbin are all the things you would expect that are necessary to run the service.
- Feed data: Feedbin is an RSS reader, so its primary purpose is to keep track of the things you are subscribed to. Feedbin also keeps track of which articles you have and have not read so it can display the read/unread status of articles. If you star an article, Feedbin saves that too.
- Email address: When you sign up, Feedbin asks for your email address and password. Providing an email address will result in the best experience. Things like password resets and email receipts depend on a valid email address. However if you would prefer not to provide an email address, then you don't have to.
- Password: Your password is stored as a bcrypt hash. It's an industry standard for storing passwords. It means that even in the event that someone did obtain the bcrypt value, it would be very hard to derive your actual password from it.
There are a number of services that can be configured to work with Feedbin.
- Twitter: If you suscribe to Twitter feeds through Feedbin, Feedbin will store read-only tokens to be able to retrieve Twitter data on your behalf. Feedbin cannot tweet or change your account or read your direct messages with the level of access Feedbin requests.
- Sharing Services: Some of the optional sharing services (Evernote, Instapaper, Pinboard, Tumblr, Micro.blog, Pocket) require Feedbin to store authentication data for them.
We use the information we collect to operate and improve our website, apps, and customer support. We do not share personal information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to accomplish Feedbin‘s functionality. We may disclose your information in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal requirements; to exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud or abuse, violations of our policies; or to protect our rights and property. In the future, we may sell to, buy, merge with, or partner with other businesses. In such transactions, user information may be among the transferred assets.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We comply with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
Information for European Union Customers
By using Feedbin and providing your information, you authorize us to collect, use, and store your information outside of the European Union.
International Transfers of Information
Information may be processed, stored, and used outside of the country in which you are located. Data privacy laws vary across jurisdictions, and different laws may be applicable to your data depending on where it is processed, stored, or used.